Monday, May 16, 2011

Changes

I remember telling Charming in the beginning of this year that 2011 was going to be a difficult year, he asked why I would say that. I said that because this would be a year full of changes; we anticipated the birth of Lilly and we were moving out of our home office into a new commercial building, and we were both going to be super busy with the elements of our roles, me as the mother and homemaker and he as the bread winner, business owner, and father.

It's only mid May, but so far, I have been correct about 2011 be a difficult year. We've already lost two friends, each loss being unforeseen and heartbreaking, but with both losses there seems to be arising miracles and blessings.

Buttercup is now almost three months old, and I have been busier than ever. Don't get me wrong, I love my calling as a stay at home mother, but I can be stretched thin at times and I wonder if each child is getting a fair amount of my attention. I don't think people truly understand how busy I can be. I am a mother of four kids all born within four years of each other. I love it, but like I said, I am super busy.

Having Buttercup makes me miss my mother even more. She passed away before any of the kids were born, but I think that having a girl and me now having that mother daughter relationship, really emphasizes what's missing in my life. I really miss my mother, and this past Mother's Day was one of the hardest I had in a long time.

Charming has been very busy too. Charming has been making changes to the business and the business is growing. We've hired some new people and each person is taking on a different role and responsibility, he is also making changes to how things are done. He's basically changing how things are done. Our business has outgrown our little in home office in our garage so we are moving that into a commercial building. It's a bittersweet thing for me. I'm going to miss having the comfort of knowing that I had friends and help in the next room, especially during emergencies like when Thing 2 needed his stitches (that story is in a few post below). Hopefully no one else will get that hurt again, but with three wild boys, who am I kidding.

Buttercup has added change to the home, of course I can't say that there is anything about that. She adds a new dynamic, a sense of meekness and sweetness. The boys just adore her and love her, they love to shower her with hugs and kisses and almost fight over who can make her smile or laugh first.

So when I said "difficult" I didn't mean in a horrible way, I just meant that this year would be difficult for us with all the new changes taking place, making Charming and I more busier in our own roles. I wonder what the rest of the year will bring, I hope it's good for all of us.

I've also changed the URL and title of this blog, so for those who have been following, now you know. I also promise to be more up to date with this blog, I know I say that with every post, but I mean it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment