Monday, March 29, 2010

Lots to catch up on

Life as you can imagine has been pretty busy. I need to do better at this blog thingy. I don't know why it's hard for me to do this. Things happen through out the day and I think, "This is something I should blog about, folks might get a kick outta this." But I don't, for some reason I just don't do it.

But here I am, updating the world about the lives of the Crawley Clan.

Our boys are so fun and so funny. They say and do the cutest things that always keep a smile on our faces. It's hard to be upset, or even stay upset when the boys are around. Here are some of the funny things the boys have said recently:

Tommy
While we were out back playing, I was picking up Jack's poop and Tommy being the helper that he is said, "I'll help you mama."
"Oh no Tommy, this is a yucky job, but thank you. When you are a bit older, this will be your job, picking up Jack's poop"
Tommy replied enthusiasticlly, "Oh thank you mama."
Trenton
While we were sitting at dinner the other night, we were having steamed veggies and the boys were asking if Spider Man ate vegetables. I told them yes, he does and that's why he's so strong. Trenton picked up a sliced carrot and I told him that carrots were very good for him and will make his eyes strong. So he picked up two carrots and closed his eyes and put them on his eye lids.
Another classic Trenton moment was one morning while Michael was getting ready for work and I read a headline from the news that read "12 house dems to oppose public funding on abortion on health care bill" *silence* Trenton says proudly, "AMEN!"
(Well we all know how that played out in the end, darn donkies)
Joseph
Our little Joseph is talking a lot. He says; Jesus (he recognizes his pictures too),no, yes, butt, belly, shoes, socks, daddy, mama, church, done, more, down, fart, poop, please, thank you, sorry, and a few others. He's picked up on a lot of things, he's a three year old trapped in a one year old body. When we go for walks, Joseph will pick fights with all the dogs. Once they start barking, he stops and walks closer to the gate (not right up to it) and starts barking right back at them.
The other day, Joseph was sitting in his high chair and farted pretty loud, and said, "I farted." Tommy and Trenton couldn't stop laughing.
Well, Michael has been super busy with work. I'm so grateful for all he does. He puts a lot of time into the business and making sure the clients are happy, as well as the employees. The boys love him to peices, they enjoy being with him. He's been taking us all to the park a few times a week and the boys love it.
I've been busy with the boys as always. I was just released from my calling as the Beehive adviser (teaching 12 & 13 year old girls) in Young Women. I'm pretty bummed, but I am glad for the almost two years of service in the position. I taught some great girls, or I should say, they taught me a lot and are such great examples. I especially loved having my neice, Sara, in the class, her first Sunday as a beehive was also my first Sunday in the calling, that was pretty neat. I'll definitely miss the young women, but I will still see some of them often because they are such great helpers with our boys. I also plan to work on my Personal Progess, and hope to get my medallion in the near future.
So my new calling is teaching the five year olds in primary. I'm actually excited. I've been in Primary before, and it was always nice, but hard at the same time because it's two hours and I missed out on the other classes and Relief Society. But this will be my first time in Primary as a mother, and I already feel different about it. I know this is where I need to be, this is where the Lord wants me to be. It's actually an answer to prayer. I've been praying on how to teach my own children the Gospel, of course there are the basics, prayer and reading scripture and of course setting an example; but I've been feeling that it isn't enough. I've been wanting to do more.
Being a convert to the Gospel, I didn't grow up in the church and missed out on Primary and Young Women. Well now with this calling, I'll be familiar with the lessons and will be able to break down the Gospel in an easier way for our boys to understand. They know who Jesus is, and they know He loves them, but they don't quite understand what He has done for them. We've been talking about Easter and the resurrection but they don't quite get it. I recently purchased a childrens book that covers the topic pretty well, I just need to find a time when the boys will give me five minutes to focus on the miracle of the Savior.
I am looking forward to serving my calling and learning more about the children and how much the Savior loves them. I just hope that I can teach it in a way that the five year olds will understand. I'm so excited to learn from these special, little spirits.
I am so blessed. I love this Gospel and I know without a doubt, and with all my being that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the true church of our Savior on the earth today.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds pretty comical in your house all the time. I think just Gavin says funny things, so I can imagine how 3 little talking kids could really be funny.

    ReplyDelete